sponsored links

9 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: ron (offline)  Monday, 04 June 2007 (Read 13213 times)  

At this very moment BBC springwatch, Simon King, is on Islay where he films the nest of Golden Eagles and the rare choughs. The Golden Eagles have one chick of 6 weeks old and can be watched live untill June 15 during weekdays at 8 on BBC2. The shows are presented by Billy Oddie and Kate Humble.

For more information visit the BBC Website

ron

By: TVAS (offline)  Monday, 09 July 2007  

I feel sorry that I have missed that on BBC 2, because I am a birdman too, as you can see in the avatar. The Green Woodpecker (Picus viridis) which was my exam bird by the end of the course.

TVAS

By: ron (offline)  Monday, 09 July 2007  

I wouldn't be surprised if BBC would bring out a DVD with highlights from Springwatch. I know there is a book about earlier episodes. I will watch Amazon and as soon something comes up I will let you know.

I already noticed your beautiful avatar and being a birdman I would really suggest you to book a trip with Jeremy Hastings from Islay Birding. Jeremy is a great guy who knows a lot about Islay and even more about it's wildlife.

Last weekend I finished the report for our birding trip this year and I can really recommend reading it to get an idea of what I'm taking about: Islay Birding Report Big Grin

ron

By: TVAS (offline)  Monday, 09 July 2007  

Ron, time, time! I have read the report already and saw the man behind your name.(your picture with the Islay birdman)

TVAS

By: ron (offline)  Monday, 09 July 2007  

Smile I have seen better pictures of myself, I am not as good looking as I usually am... Confused

I know Theo, time is always an issue. Whatever you do I wish you a good time on Islay, and elsewhere of course Cool

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Thursday, 09 August 2007  

Quote by: ron

Smile I have seen better pictures of myself, I am not as good looking as I usually am... Confused

I have to admit you were looking a bit rough there Ron Razz Laughing Out Loud Wink

By the way, your post (that I am replying to) is showing up as being from today (although it was a month ago)... looks like your forum has a wee bug! Nothing serious really, but I did wonder why a post that was made at 6:17 PM when its not even 5:30... and before you say you're an hour ahead of me, the post has been showing as in the future for a good few hours now! Anyway, like I said, there's a wee bug in the system Rolling Eyes

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Thursday, 09 August 2007  

Apparently you see different info than I do..

This is what I see at the BBC Springwatch post:

Or do you mean something else? Rolling Eyes

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Thursday, 09 August 2007  

Ron, I meant the topic was showing on the forum index as last being updated today (9th August) when it was (at the time) updated a month ago (9th July)! Of course NOW it has been updated TODAY! Rolling Eyes

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

9 posts :: Page 1 of 2