sponsored links

21 posts :: Page 1 of 3
By: ron (offline)  Saturday, 09 June 2007 (Read 26208 times)  

Name: Ardbeg Distillery
Established: 1815
Current owner: Glenmorangie Plc

ron

By: gerardhorstman (offline)  Wednesday, 05 September 2007  

I don't know the exact goal of this topic but if it is just to express your feelings or want to say anything in relation to Ardbeg I give it a shot.

Ardbeg for me is love, loving the peat. I am a walking advertisement for them with my black jacket as well as sweeter which are great even if they did not have their name on it. I wear them very frequently.
Every visit we eat at the great restaurant " Old Kiln Cafe". If you don't know it give it a try. The food is great and what to say about the atmosphere....eating at Ardbeg ...........
But of course the biggest attraction is the spirit. Razz

gerardhorstman

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 05 September 2007  

Quote by: gerardhorstman

I don't know the exact goal of this topic but if it is just to express your feelings or want to say anything in relation to Ardbeg I give it a shot.

That's the right shot Gerard, everything related to Ardbeg can be posted here and yes they do know how to make a fine malt Wink

I have been to the Old Kiln and it was great and the tour from Jackie was great as well. Gordon is also an Ardbeg enthusiast and not only for the malt, it's also his favorite place on Islay Big Grin

ron

By: TVAS (offline)  Thursday, 06 September 2007  

Quote by: gerardhorstman

Ardbeg for me is love, loving the peat. I am a walking advertisement for them with my black jacket as well as sweeter

Great, this is what I like. Smile

TVAS

By: jeanmarcd (offline)  Wednesday, 26 September 2007  

I have read several times that clear glass bottlings were much better than the green glass bottlings. And I did not really believe it Question

I bought a "green" bottling in june 1989 and really did not think it was a masterpiece : peaty, but not very subtle. Maybe a "Hiram walker" bottling.

Last sunday, I had the opportunity to taste a nip of the "clear glass" bottling : very enjoyable, peaty without being aggresssive, much more in the style of newxArdbeg bottlings (even if the older Ardbeg where bottled at 40ABV).

has anybody else tested both versions ?

jeanmarcd

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Wednesday, 02 January 2008  

Both are excellent and the color of the glass makes not difference - its what's inside and with Ardbeg its always wonderful - I have eight in my collection and I love them all!

omaha dellrod

By: yAnja (offline)  Monday, 03 March 2008  

...Ahh The Old Kiln...
The first thing that hit me it's the smell of Peat Smoke still alive inside... And i can't forget it!
I bought the tiny metal box with peat cones for special occasion at home...
We tried "10YearsOld","Uigeadail" and "Airigh Nam Beist" and it's really great all!

I also think that the bottles of Ardbeg have one of the most beatiful label on market...

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: ISLAYonSPEY (offline)  Friday, 21 March 2008  

Quote by: yAnja

...Ahh The Old Kiln...
The first thing that hit me it's the smell of Peat Smoke still alive inside... And i can't forget it!
I bought the tiny metal box with peat cones for special occasion at home...
We tried "10YearsOld","Uigeadail" and "Airigh Nam Beist" and it's really great all!

I also think that the bottles of Ardbeg have one of the most beatiful label on market...

Hi Anja,
Having been to Islay and Ardbeg 6 times now in 8 years, there are no words to discribe the exitement I feel every time I see the 3 pagodas.
However if I can't get to Islay I can always look at my Ardbeg collection in our dining room.
Slainté René

PS I'm embarrassed that I havnt logged into the Islay blog for a long time.

ISLAYonSPEY

21 posts :: Page 1 of 3