sponsored links

32 posts :: Page 1 of 4
By: yAnja (offline)  Monday, 03 March 2008 (Read 31339 times)  

Hi,
I start this topic to talk about Islay Distillery DVD or Other Support.
Anyone have ones?

Personally i bought for first The Old Laphroaig VHS (used) on eBay.
This month i'm waiting Cool the arrival of mine copies of "Malt Project" first two DVD.
The 1° it's dedicated to Islay distilleries in general, the 2° it's dedicated to 2003 Islay Malt & Music Festival with special appearance of Clan An Drumma at Ardbeg.
(the first DVD are sold out and now they have reprinted it... Wink )
Each One of the DVD last about three hours...
From Ardbeg Committee i received a special envelope (send to all members) that also contain (with many other item) a CD-Rom (playable both Pc and DVD Player contrary as they write on CD) with interesting clip (last about 9 min9 on the rebirth of Ardbeg.
For last, at moment, i find, on eBay, a Bowmore CD-Rom with many contents, used, and waiting it from Belgium.

Anyone have find some other media or have his owns to share or sell? Question

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: yAnja (offline)  Monday, 03 March 2008  

Ron, please move this topic on Islay General. I think it's more right and visible to other...

yAnja

By: ron (offline)  Monday, 03 March 2008  

Hi Rudy, I have moved the topic as you can see Smile

I guess you have about all there is available, at least what is for sale through the official channels. I do have something that is whisky related and it is the movie Whisky Galore in Black and White. I downloaded it from the website stage6.com which is no longer online. If you are interested I can send you a copy on disc, it's a divx file of 500Mb. I haven't seen the movie myself yet but will do so very soon. Do you know the story of Whisky Galore?

There are some whisky related youtube videos in the blogs media gallery as well and some of them are very interesting. Also the one from Lagavulin I wrote about last week is very interesting to watch.

I will try to find some more interesting material and post it here when I found something. If you're interested in whisky galore send me your address by email and I will ship it to you Wink

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Monday, 03 March 2008  

Quote by: ron

I do have something that is whisky related and it is the movie Whisky Galore...

I have a copy of that on DVD (I bought it some time last year) and its a great film (it was known as Tight Little Island in the US)... the book is even better though, well worth reading!

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: yAnja (offline)  Monday, 03 March 2008  

Big Grin
Many THX Ron...
I always hope in a new video of Laphroaig.
The old VHS feature the great Iain Henderson as Distillery Manager, and he haven't white hair as now, and also Jack looks younger...
Also think the Bowmore Video " The Art of Distiller" (it's right the title?) it's really interesting, but at moment it's not downloadable, if you haven't a specific software for capturing every video source from a page. This video return sometimes on "singlemalt.tv" undertitled. More comprehensible to those don't speak english perfectly...
The videos on the Bruichladdich website it's also nice, with the now added podcast (but some video looks it been new edition of the old on the Bruichladdich site)
I also have related to whisky -DVD "On the whisky trail" 2003 version, last around 50 minute but not particularly interesting, too generic and repetitive...
I read about Whisky Galore on the blog and i found it incredible and funny what alcohool can do with mind of greed people...
For the movie i am interested, i write you my address, but how i can pay you?

I see some of the video on YouTube, the Lagavulin Video it's interesting. The japanese goes crazy for the Uisge Beatha!

In Italy i bought a book of Micheal Jackson "Whisky. The Definitive World Guide. Scotch Bourbon Whiskey" in italian "Atlante Mondiale del Whisky".
It's an impressive book, good for the expert than for the novel, full of great picture and with dozens of whisky reviewd. Simple language to read, not hostic at all.
With interesting accompaining chapter from whisky expert like, for example, Dave Broom, Stuart Ramsey, Martine Nouet etc.
Sized more than an A4, with dustcover. If you haven't, (and to all they haven't) i suggest it, at all... Cool

yAnja

By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 04 March 2008  

Quote by: yAnja

The videos on the Bruichladdich website it's also nice, with the now added podcast (but some video looks it been new edition of the old on the Bruichladdich site)

Today Michael added two more videos on the podcast and I have heard there is more coming as well including a "very special one" so stay tuned for that Big Grin

By the way, ever tried this at home? It's really funny Big Grin

ron

By: yAnja (offline)  Tuesday, 04 March 2008  

...Many THX Ron for the mail...
Yesterday i forget to mention other media i halso have.
First it's the book "Islay" from Pevensey Guide. Second it's the Mini-DVD from Bruichladdich bought there last year, it's really nice with a little tour of distillery and a tasting session by Jim McEwan. I chose the Mini-DVD than the normal cause' in Italy you cant find easily pre-recorded DVD of that size, only Blank disk for camcorder, and i love tiny things!
Last but not to least the DVD "Islay Wildlife" from Gordon Yates, bought after reading of it on the blog and on the Mr. Yates site.
The only problem it's the italian postal service, the worst in Europe, and after more than 14 days (i bought it on the 16th of february) i still waiting the arrival...

In the near future i hope to buy the book "Smoke, Peat and Fire" but not on Amazon, they only have the economy version of the book.
I found the same book on "thewhiskyexchange.com" in luxury edition with hardcover and amore dimension than economy...

I surely look at The Laddie Blog! Mr. Green

yAnja

By: yAnja (offline)  Tuesday, 04 March 2008  

...Now that i remember, there's a movie of the same period of Whisky Galore, that if i don't wrong, have some passage filmed on Islay,, i'm not sure of the title, but it's possible to be "The Maggie"?

Also know, but i don't remember the URL there's a site with all location used in Scotland to filmed movies... Question

yAnja

32 posts :: Page 1 of 4