sponsored links

21 posts :: Page 1 of 3
By: Bruce (offline)  Wednesday, 08 August 2007 (Read 22917 times)  

Ron, below my name the words Islay Expert have appeared... now I realise that this is more than likely due to the number of posts I have made, but I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea here. I am NOT, in any sense of the word, an expert on Islay. I have visited once and read a bit about the island, but I have a long way to go to catch up with most of the other members of this forum!

So is there any chance you can maybe change the title? Maybe something like Islay Enthusiast or Bunnahabhain Drinker? Better still, how about Prefers Jura? Rolling Eyes

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 08 August 2007  

Bruce, this is part of the ranking system integrated in the forum software.

Currently it looks like this:

I'm always open for suggestions but if I rename you as a Jura Expert so will it change for others when they post more than 40 messages on the forum. Big Grin

Maybe others would like to say something about this as well??

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Wednesday, 08 August 2007  

Maybe make the number of posts higher for each (or at least the last) category? At least that way I might have a chance to deserve the expert tag!

Bruce

By: TVAS (offline)  Wednesday, 08 August 2007  

Hi Ron,

for me it may stop by Islay Enthisiast. However I believe Bruce is an Islay Expert! I can understand what he means. I am not so far from 40 posts and I am not an Islay Expert for sure, so you must know. But an Islay Enthusiast; YES, I can find me under that name.

TVAS

Quote by: TVAS

However I believe Bruce is an Islay Expert!

I'll never make a claim that I am one... there are many other parts of Scotland that I know more about than I do Islay (Edinburgh and my birthplace, Dunfermline, for example), but I wouldn't claim to be experts on those either!

Bruce

By: yAnja (offline)  Wednesday, 08 August 2007  

Hi to everyone!
I write in this forum from not many times, i never be on Islay yet (but next week YES!) but anyway agreed to what Bruce think.
If i post, for example 40 messages and was onIslay only one time i'm not an expert at all.
I can know something more than one it never been there, but i'm not an expert for this...

I agree to the idea to upper the level of messages number... Mr. Green

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 08 August 2007  

Hi Rudy, Theo and Bruce...

I have raised the level to 100 to become an Islay Expert, that should give you all some more time before you reach 100 messages Big Grin

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated Smile

ron

Much better Ron... I don't feel like I'm being misrepresented now! Tho I better start brushing up on my Islay knowledge as I'll probably reach that 100 mark sooner rather than later Eek!

Bruce

21 posts :: Page 1 of 3