sponsored links

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: jeanmarcd (offline)  Friday, 18 December 2009 (Read 10076 times)  

As the Flybe timetable changes around the 27th of March, it will be impossible for French passengers to book Paris to Islay flights in one time.

The reason why is that the plane from Manchester to Glasgow is going to leave earlier and that the connection time in Manchester is going to be under 2 hours, so the connection is considered as too short in case of problems !

The Paris-->Islay is not bookable, but the Paris->Glasgow using the same flights can still be booked
Are they spinning at Flybe ?

jeanmarcd

By: ron (online)  Sunday, 20 December 2009  

I never knew flying could be that complicated Eek!

I'd stick to a ferry if I were you. Flying is not good for your co2 footprint and I just read that traines and tunnels aren't really an alternative either, at least not in the winter. They (Eurostar) call the current problems adverse weather problems

Eurotunnel services are currently delayed due to adverse weather conditions and the breakdown of 4 Eurostar trains on Friday evening. It is likely customers will experience delays throughout the day.

And here I was thinking that the words "adverse weather" were related to ferry travel or flights Eek!

ron

By: jeanmarcd (offline)  Sunday, 20 December 2009  

my next trip will only be 8 days in April, so plane is easier, and my old Peugeot 405 has a big co2 footprint.

On my last trip to Islay I became quickly as famous as inspector Columbo with his old 403 cabrio.

It is possible to use the British Airways website to book a BA flight + Loganair...

The problem is that flybe sold the tickets, and changed the timetable afterwards !

We shall have split the group in two, according to the date of purchase (I prefer to laugh about it Laughing Out Loud )

jeanmarcd

By: Anonymous: agrewe ()  Sunday, 20 December 2009  

Quote by: ron

And here I was thinking that the words "adverse weather" were related to ferry travel or flights

So you've never heard of the wrong kind of snow?

By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Monday, 21 December 2009  

Quote by: agrewe

So you've never heard of the wrong kind of snow?[/p]

Aaahh yes the famous British Rail quote Agrewe , along with "Wrong type of leaves...."
How would they cope with this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymz6D8eFeUg

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: Anonymous: agrewe ()  Monday, 21 December 2009  

Quote by: Spirit of Islay

Aaahh yes the famous British Rail quote Agrewe , along with "Wrong type of leaves...."

We have quite a few "wrong kind of", there's also the wrong kind of rain causing havoc on the roads...

By: Anonymous: agrewe ()  Monday, 21 December 2009  

Quote by: agrewe

We have quite a few "wrong kind of", there's also the wrong kind of rain causing havoc on the roads...

After doing some further research it turns out there is yet another "wrong kind of": Yes, there's also the wrong kind of sunshine. Whatever next?

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1