sponsored links

14 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Bruce (offline)  Monday, 14 December 2009 (Read 16625 times)  

I have been working on a list of Blended Whisky and attempting to name all the distilleries (both malt and grain) that provide whisky for them. Note that this is not intended to be a definitive list of all the whiskies included in the blends (an impossible task I am sure you will agree), but it will hopefully make people realise that there are blends out there that contain whisky from their favourite distillery/distilleries!

Any comments that anyone has would be much appreciated... especially if you have any changes and/or additions!

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (online)  Sunday, 20 December 2009  

Hi Bruce,

This is a great list you are making and very valuable as well. I'm sure most people who drink a blend whisky don't really know what's inside and I happen to be one of them. Chivas is my favourite blend and I just found out that Laphroaig is one of the whiskies that is used for the blend.... Now that explains Eek!

Did you have any response so far? If you like I can write an article on the blog about it and try to get some more people involved. As far as I know you are making a unique list which will be appreciated by many Big Grin

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Sunday, 20 December 2009  

Hi Ron, thanks for taking the time to look at the list. As you say, I think it is unique; or at least in this format as most of the information is available in the book I have used as a reference and there's not many online sources for blend info! As for feedback, I have had some on a whisky forum and a bit on twitter, but not much elsewhere! Maybe as I add to the details (and the list itself becomes better known) I will get more feedback... and I hope to get some from The Nose (Richard Paterson, White & Mackay's Master Blender) tho I might need to remind him about it as he's a very busy man!

Of course if you want to publicise it then that would be great - as long as you make it clear that it is a list of blends and the distilleries that provide whisky for them and not a list of the actual whiskies included!

Bruce

By: bgulien (offline)  Sunday, 28 February 2010  

Hi Bruce,

Where can I obtain that list?
I have been trying, in a loose fashion, to incorporate in my Google Earth application, a pointer to blends from a distillery perspective. Just, if known, where the malt is going.
See: http://www.singlemaltevents.nl/introMaking/GoogleEng/googleeng.html for instructions.
right click on the distillery to access the info.

Right now I am adding region and owners info.

bgulien

By: Bruce (offline)  Saturday, 06 March 2010  

Quote by: bgulien

Hi Bruce,

Where can I obtain that list?

There are actually two lists:

1. Listed by Blend
2. Listed by Distillery

I think the second of the two might be more useful for your Google Earth application. When I get more time I will check that out properly. In the meantime if you see anything on the lists that need added/altered please let me know!

Bruce

By: bgulien (offline)  Saturday, 06 March 2010  

Can I use your data?
You can, if you want, use any data I gathered.

bgulien

By: Bruce (offline)  Saturday, 06 March 2010  

You certainly can Bob and I will definitely have a look through what you have. Maybe between us we can get a more complete list! Big Grin

Bruce

By: bgulien (offline)  Sunday, 07 March 2010  

Quote by: Bruce

You certainly can Bob and I will definitely have a look through what you have. Maybe between us we can get a more complete list! Big Grin

Bruce, seeing your list, I very much doubt if I can contribute very much. Big Grin

bgulien

14 posts :: Page 1 of 2