sponsored links

9 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: fcs (offline)  Tuesday, 19 May 2009 (Read 11269 times)  

Hi there,

Just wanted to briefly introduce myself. My name is Peter Braun and I come from Denmark. Huge fan of Islay and I must say that having visited twice, it is a wonderful place. I'm going back for a few days soon, so I might have a few questions .

Hope to talk to you all soon - let me know if there is anythiung I can do for you.

Best regards

Peter

fcs

By: mags (offline)  Wednesday, 20 May 2009  

Welcome Peter! I`m also a huge fan of Islay for allsorts of reasons. I`m sure you`ll enjoy this web site and the info. and photographs that Ron puts on it.
When are you going to Islay? I`ll be there from 7th June until the 20th.with my Australian relatives who can`t wait to see what I have talked about for years!!!!
ENJOY your trip. Mags

mags

By: fcs (offline)  Wednesday, 20 May 2009  

I'll be there from the 13th of July till the 15th, so not a long stay, but hopefuly a great one.

Enjoy your trip and give the australians a g'day mate from me ;o)

fcs

By: mags (offline)  Wednesday, 20 May 2009  

Dear Peter
Are you going by car? If so what make etc? Will watch out for you as am sure we`ll come across each other despite your short trip. I drive a silver Toyota Auris with a THING attached to the aerial!!!!!
I stay in Port Charlotte and often frequent the Hotel Bar and the restaurant at the B and B An taigh osda in Bruichladdich. How many days to go??????
Mags

mags

By: fcs (offline)  Wednesday, 20 May 2009  

I'm flying in and renting a car, so I don't know the make... Maybe we could meet up and have a bite to eat one evening? My itinerary will depend a lot on the weather, as I have photography as a hobby and will try to get some great shots during my short stay at Islay. What are your plans?

Peter

fcs

By: mags (offline)  Thursday, 21 May 2009  

Would have loved to have met up BUT I`m going mad. I`ll be there in June not July!!!!! All the best with the photography tho` and put some on the web for us all to enjoy. Best wishes Mags

mags

By: ron (offline)  Thursday, 21 May 2009  

Quote by: fcs

Just wanted to briefly introduce myself. My name is Peter Braun and I come from Denmark. Huge fan of Islay and I must say that having visited twice, it is a wonderful place. I'm going back for a few days soon, so I might have a few questions

Hi Peter, welcome to my wee Islay forum, glad you were properly introduced by Mags. Look out for her when you're on Islay, she is terribly kind Big Grin

ron

By: fcs (offline)  Saturday, 23 May 2009  

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind welcome - the mood here is as warm, welcoming and kind as it is on Islay.

Mags> Sorry to hear that we can't meet up - I'll be sure to post some pics later

Ron> Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to spending some time in here.

Best regards

Peter

fcs

9 posts :: Page 1 of 2