sponsored links

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: marcus (offline)  Thursday, 23 April 2009 (Read 10095 times)  

Hi Ron, I would be very pleased if there`s a opportunity to get a DVD from this documentary, because I would be very interested in it. Unfortunately I have no chance to get BBC Alba via satelite.

marcus

By: ron (online)  Saturday, 25 April 2009  

You are not the only one Marcus, I have the same problem Big Grin
As soon as I hear something about a DVD I will let you know, for now we have to do with a 45 second preview Cry

ron

By: islayfisher (offline)  Sunday, 26 April 2009  

Ron
For anyone wishing to see this programme on BBC Alba you can view them for a short period on BBC iplayer.
Here is the link for the first episode.
Happy viewing.
Brian
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k35k2/S_Ann_An_Ile_Episode_1/

Islayfisher

islayfisher

By: ron (online)  Sunday, 26 April 2009  

Hi Brian, thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately BBC I-player doesn't work when you access the web from a different country than the UK. You can try to use a proxy but they aren't very reliable. If anyone out there has a solution please post it here, I'm convinced MANY people will appreciate it Big Grin

ron

By: mags (offline)  Tuesday, 28 April 2009  

I have all the equipment to record the Alba/Islay documentary BUT despite spending a considerable amount of time with the instruction booklet I have got nowhere. HOWEVER, spurred on by comments re the programme I have good friends who have recorded first prog. and who will record the other three. The recording will be on video BUT have facility on my "too technical for me" equipment to convert video to DVD and will do my best even if I have to import someone to help!!!!
So do not despair all those Forum Readers who just love Islay - I`ll do my best for you. I watched prog. twice and loved it.
You will all realise what an effort all this technology is for me when I tell you that this is the second attempt at posting a reply. Lost first one when I tried to reveiw it so this comes as it stands warts and all!!!!

mags

By: marcus (offline)  Wednesday, 29 April 2009  

Hi mags,
Great news.So if you need any assistance to convert from video to dvd don^t hesitate to contact me.you can also send me the video tape and i will convert the tape into dvd. The only thing is, that the tape has to be in PAL otherwise i can^t convert.Here is my email-adress: service@finkasso.com

Marcus

marcus

By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Monday, 04 May 2009  

Thoroughly enjoying this series , the highlight of the 2nd programme was seeing Graham Allison , owner of the Port Charlotte Hotel , singing in Gaelic ! Didn't know he could sing in English ! Nice seeing some familiar faces in it .
Duncan from Laddie , Mary from Laddie in the background of the wedding at the distillery , Graham from the PCH , Janice from the Bowmore Tourist Centre and Ruaridh McLeod , possibly the oldest living Distiller !

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: marcus (offline)  Sunday, 23 August 2009  

As I`m back from my holidays in Austria and Mag make it possible to send me a DVD with this documentary.
If there`s anybody interested in it, please let me know, I will send you a copy of the DVD. It´s in PAL with a
resolution of 720x576.

All the honour goes to Mag, who have all the efforts to make a copy of this.

Thank you once again.

Best regards from Germany

Marcus

marcus

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1