sponsored links

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Sunday, 17 August 2008 (Read 7160 times)  

Wasn't to sure where to post this as it's more of a report than a plan ! but this seems like the best place......
We've just returned from a wonderful 2 week stay on Islay , not the best of weather but that didn't spoil things !
We were staying at the Bunnahabhain Distillery Cottages and i must say it's the most relaxed we've ever returned from an Islay stay . The peace and quiet was just what the doctor ordered ! As usual we didn't do all the things we promised to do before hand , but hey we were on holiday......
Managed to catch up with all our friends on Islay , i think the highlight of the holiday was the night we spent with Ella and Mary from the Laddie Distillery in the an-taigh-osda @ bruichladdich . What a place Paul and Joan Graham have there .
They have done a fabulous job of doing the old abbotsford up , it's very classy , modern and minimalistic , great surroundings to enjoy the fantastic food in . It's a place to go for a special occasion (like the Harbour Inn or Port Charlotte Hotel Restaurant....) or to catch up with good friends , well worth the money , still salivating at the thought of the meal......
We didn't bother going to the show this year , we did do a few walks , The walled Garden of Jura being the best one , just a shame the lunch we'd had at the Jura Hotel had let us down.......
Didn't actually do any distillery tours this year , did visit the Old Kiln on more than one occasion though.......
Went to see how the "bairns" were getting on at Bruichladdich , still a wee while to go for both of them and even managed to buy another one , this time Bruichladdich spirit .
Like i say , great holiday , chilling out a lot of the time , that view across Bunnahabhain Bay is just too good to resist !
Had a wee natter to your friend at Spirited Soaps as well Ron .
So now just closing my eyes and thinking of Islay.......
And hoping for a lottery win !
Slainté
Gordon

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 19 August 2008  

Quote by: Spirit+of+Islay

Wasn't to sure where to post this as it's more of a report than a plan ! but this seems like the best place......

Hi Gordon, good to hear from you! Big Grin

This place is as good as any for a report about your trip and thanks for writing about your whereabouts here. It's great for Bruichladdich to have a new hotel and the next time we are on Islay we will definitely visit An taigh Osda and have dinner there. Big Grin

Good to hear you had a great time, despite the weather... Although I wonder why you skipped the Islay show? Rolling Eyes

ron

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Wednesday, 20 August 2008  

Is it possible to dinner at An taigh Osda without staying there ?

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: Anonymous: agrewe ()  Wednesday, 20 August 2008  

Quote by: Singlemalt-Danny

Yes. You will most likely need to book ahead though. The restaurant is very small, so getting a table might be tricky on the day.

I had dinner there in July (review somewhere on my blog) and can only recommend it.

Quote by: agrewe

Quote by: Singlemalt-Danny

Yes. You will most likely need to book ahead though. The restaurant is very small, so getting a table might be tricky on the day.

I had dinner there in July (review somewhere on my blog) and can only recommend it.

Thank you, I will book ahead.

Singlemalt-Danny

By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Wednesday, 20 August 2008  

Definitely book ahead Danny , it's very popular with the locals .
Armins Review is spot on , the food is incredible !
Another one to write down is the Bridgend Hotel , can recommend the Sunday Lunch and the evening food .
Wonder why only the Bridgend Hotel seems to do Sunday Lunch ?
Thought it would be popular with the locals as well as the tourists .

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

Quote by: Spirit+of+Islay

Definitely book ahead Danny , it's very popular with the locals .
Armins Review is spot on , the food is incredible !
Another one to write down is the Bridgend Hotel , can recommend the Sunday Lunch and the evening food .
Wonder why only the Bridgend Hotel seems to do Sunday Lunch ?
Thought it would be popular with the locals as well as the tourists .

We've took a dinner at Bridgend Hotel on our first Islay trip, and yes it was worthwile, we will certainly go back also.

Singlemalt-Danny

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1