sponsored links

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: witchypoo (offline)  Monday, 23 June 2008 (Read 7904 times)  

Loch Finlaggan, at any time, but on a sunny day is best. Very atmospheric.
Machir Bay/Saligo/Sanaigmore on a windy day - just fab waves.
Seal Bay at dusk - the whole Mammal Run at dusk is a bit spooky if it's a clear day/evening.
View from Lyrabus Croft at sunset takes some beating!
The bench at the bottom of the hill in Portnahaven any time the seals are in the bay - a good hour's fun to be had there.
The Circular walk up to the American Monument on The Oa is great - stopping to watch the Perigrine chicks on the cliffs once there.
Claggan Bay when the Springwatch gang were there last year was entertaining - then going back to Lyrabus to watch it on the TV! Sad or what?
The long back road from Bridgend to Ballygrant via Mulindry is great for deer watching, and the heather later in the year looks just wonderful.
Debbie's mini mart in Bruichladdich is great for a rainy day decent Latte/Hot chocolate and a chin wag.

There are many more, as the whole place is great - just depends what you go there for!

witchypoo

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 25 June 2008  

Think of a lovely sunny evening and picture yourself on the old pier at Port Wemyss. The seals are lying on the rocks and from Orsay island you hear even more seals. Some of them are curiously watching you, waiting for you to leave or just to observe what you are doing.

The sun is now setting, the sky is turning red and orange and you walk slowly towards Porthahaven to see the sun finally sinking in the see, casting it's reflections on the water and on the roofs of the cottages near the harbour. At that moment you feel so lucky to witness this sunset:

ron

By: Diana (offline)  Sunday, 03 August 2008  

What a absolutely gorgeous picture! Did you take this, Ron? Would love to have this for my desktop background or whatever you call it. Laughing Out Loud

Diana

By: ron (offline)  Sunday, 03 August 2008  

Quote by: Diana

What a absolutely gorgeous picture! Did you take this, Ron? Would love to have this for my desktop background or whatever you call it. Laughing Out Loud

Hi Diana, yes I did, I'm glad you like it!! I will send you an email with a surprise Wink

ron

By: Diana (offline)  Monday, 11 August 2008  

Thank you very much for the picture, Ron, now I can look at this beautiful sight every time I turn this amazing machine on. Big Grin

Diana

By: witchypoo (offline)  Monday, 18 August 2008  

I've got a picture of Loch Finlaggan on my laptop - taken from the top road with the standing stone in the foreground.
I'd put it on here, but haven't got a clue how to go about that!

witchypoo

By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 19 August 2008  

Quote by: witchypoo

I'd put it on here, but haven't got a clue how to go about that!

If you mean that you want to change it have a look at this link that explains how to change the image. Or did you mean someting else Big Grin

ron

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1