sponsored links

21 posts :: Page 2 of 3
By: yAnja (offline)  Friday, 21 March 2008  

Quote by: ISLAYonSPEY

Quote by: yAnja

...Ahh The Old Kiln...
The first thing that hit me it's the smell of Peat Smoke still alive inside... And i can't forget it!
I bought the tiny metal box with peat cones for special occasion at home...
We tried "10YearsOld","Uigeadail" and "Airigh Nam Beist" and it's really great all!

I also think that the bottles of Ardbeg have one of the most beatiful label on market...

Hi Anja,
Having been to Islay and Ardbeg 6 times now in 8 years, there are no words to discribe the exitement I feel every time I see the 3 pagodas.
However if I can't get to Islay I can always look at my Ardbeg collection in our dining room.
Slainté René

PS I'm embarrassed that I havnt logged into the Islay blog for a long time.

Hi! Cool
How many and wich bottle you have?
For the moment, of Ardbeg i have only a shot glass gifted me by my host Hamish Scott during the last year holiday (he it's a former employ...) a tasting glass bought there and the peat cones in the tiny box...Too few... Neutral

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: ISLAYonSPEY (offline)  Friday, 21 March 2008  

Quote by: ISLAYonSPEY

...Ahh The Old Kiln...
The first thing that hit me it's the smell of Peat Smoke still alive inside... And i can't forget it!
I bought the tiny metal box with peat cones for special occasion at home...
We tried "10YearsOld","Uigeadail" and "Airigh Nam Beist" and it's really great all!

I also think that the bottles of Ardbeg have one of the most beatiful label on market...

Hi Anja,
Having been to Islay and Ardbeg 6 times now in 8 years, there are no words to discribe the exitement I feel every time I see the 3 pagodas.
However if I can't get to Islay I can always look at my Ardbeg collection in our dining room.
Slainté René

PS I'm embarrassed that I havnt logged into the Islay blog for a long time.

Hi! Cool
How many and wich bottle you have?
For the moment, of Ardbeg i have only a shot glass gifted me by my host Hamish Scott during the last year holiday (he it's a former employ...) a tasting glass bought there and the peat cones in the tiny box...Too few... Neutral

I got 20+ bottles all different and other items as glasses etc. That took me 7 years go get, so its up to you to start and enjoy the greatest whisky in the world. Slainté René

ISLAYonSPEY

By: yAnja (offline)  Wednesday, 26 March 2008  

I got 20+ bottles all different and other items as glasses etc. That took me 7 years go get, so its up to you to start and enjoy the greatest whisky in the world. Slainté René

On the Last Saturday i finally bought in a retailer store My First Bottle of Ardbeg 10YearsOld...What Emotions Big Grin !
...And what pleasure taste it also at home...It's not Islay itself, but a good place anyway! Mr. Green

yAnja

By: ron (online)  Thursday, 27 March 2008  

Well done Rudy. Close your eyes when you take a zip and back you are (on Islay that is) Wink

ron

By: yAnja (offline)  Saturday, 29 March 2008  

Quote by: ron

Well done Rudy. Close your eyes when you take a zip and back you are (on Islay that is) Wink

...Oohh, it's so wonder!
Yesterday evening i watch again the DVD of Mr.Yates with my parents, and they also enjoy very much it...

Today after lunch a wee drum of Ardbeg in its tasting glass wait me and the memories of Islay rise again powerfully... Big Grin

yAnja

By: yAnja (offline)  Sunday, 30 March 2008  

...Unluckly i enjoy my wee dram only on Sunday, 'cause yesterday i must run out from house to not late at rugby match in my city, that anyway when arrived at destination, i discover was moved later... Frown

yAnja

By: ron (online)  Sunday, 30 March 2008  

Quote by: yAnja[plate at rugby match in my city[/p]

Is that "you play" rugby or "you watch" rugby Rolling Eyes

ron

By: yAnja (offline)  Sunday, 30 March 2008  

Off Topic:
Play?Not at all, only watching. The Padua team it's "Petrarca Rugby" and play in Super10 of Italy, we also have another team in Padua "CUS" that play in A serie.
In Veneto there are a lot of rugby team. Think, of Italy national players, 5 are from Veneto. Yesterday it's a classic match between two Veneto team Padua (as i said) and Rovigo (my city of birth).

In Topic:
...Mmh, i have an idea! 'Cause yesterday at 18.30 and later it's a bit windy and cold i colud carry with me, a part some hot tea and sandwich, a hipflask of Ardbeg or Laphroaig. More British style and clima! Mr. Green

yAnja

21 posts :: Page 2 of 3