As already announced yesterday, this year's Islay Festival has a new event on the calendar compared to recent years. This year the Scotch Malt Whisky Society will come to Islay and organise several whisky tastings on the Islay House lawns. Islay House will soon see its first visitors arriving as it will be converted from a residence to a luxury country house hotel.
The tastings and the evening live jazz concert will be held one day before the official start of the festival, on Friday the 22nd of May, and promises to be a very nice day and evening as there will be a live jazz concert in the evening. The programme for the entire day is as follows:
- Free entry garden party from 12 - 6pm. SMWS single cask drams and ice-cream on the Islay House lawns. Society members can enjoy an extra cask sample (please bring your membership card). Exclusive Feis Ile SMWS Membership Offer
- Exclusive bottlings 1pm. Islay House malt, a very special Islay House single cask bottling and SMWS single cask: 3.243 Dark, smouldering flamenco gypsy
- SMWS Masterclasses: A taste of Summer 1.30 - 2.30pm & 3.30 - 4.30pm
- VIC (very interesting casks) Masterclass "peaty picnic tour" at 6.30pm
- An evening of live jazz at Islay House 8 - 10.30pm. Join us on the lawn, under the summer stars, for the finale of our Open Day celebrations. Our wonderful views over Loch Indaal make the perfect setting for an evening of Live Jazz, sensational single cask whisky and great company.